TOFARM FILM FESTIVAL 2018
Full Length Film
TOFARM will be holding its third “TOFARM Film Festival” with the theme “A Tribute to Life: Parating Na” to highlight the aspirations of the Filipino farmers and their journey to success. A total of seven (7) films will be selected by the TOFARM Film Festival Committee and will be given grants for the production.
April 20 - Deadline of submission of screenplays for the TOFARM Film Festival.
May 9 - Announcement of shortlist
May 17 & 18 - Pitching of short-listed scripts
May 23 - Announcement of winners
Sept 12 - 18 - Theatrical screenings of TOFARM Film Festival entries
1. All who are interested are to submit four copies of the following requirements on or before April 20, 2018, Friday, to the TOFARM Secretariat Office, 10th floor, Harvester Corporate Center, 158 P. Tuazon, corner 7th Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City:
- Synopsis written in Filipino or English (1 page, 12pts font size, Arial, double-spaced) on letter-sized bond paper. The synopsis and screenplay must not contain the name of the writer, which is to be separately submitted in a sealed envelope, bearing only the marking “Writer of (title of screenplay).” The document carrying the writer’s name must also already include his/her
resume, and contact details.
- Full-length screenplay in Filipino (in 12 pts font size, Arial, double-spaced, on letter-sized bond paper), in an envelope, properly labeled with the title of the film entry.
2. Twelve (12) screenplays are to be short-listed from the entire lot of entries, by the Selection Committee. The shortlisted writers/directors/producers will be invited to pitch their entries before the Selection Committee, TOFARM Festival Director, TOFARM Managing Director, and Dr. Milagros How. TOFARM reserves the right to suggest directors for certain scripts.
3. The seven (7) Finalists are to be announced in a Press Conference, on May 23, 2018.
4. Each of the seven (7) finalists will receive a seed production grant in the amount of PhP 1,500,000.00 to be released in three (3) tranches at PhP 500,000 each.
5. The Director/Producer may solicit additional funds to augment production costs, but TOFARM shall not be liable for reimbursement.
6. The Director/Producer of the films must submit the following materials to the Festival committee for promotional and exhibition purposes:
- Behind the scenes (BTS) materials;
- Teaser and trailer of the film, in HD format;
- Major credit titles (soft and hard copies) of the film; and
- Vertical posters in CD jpeg format.
7. The deadline for submission of the completed full-length film, with English subtitles, is on August 17, 2018. Said completed full-length film must be DCP-ready. From submission, it will be transferred to DCP, a process that ideally takes at least a week, care of TOFARM. The KDMs are to be derived from the DCP file.
8. The films and posters will be submitted to the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board within the week of September 3-6, 2018. Applications for review of said films and posters need to be made with the MTRCB the week before the review.
9. Meanwhile, the Director/Producer of the film
must submit, within reasonable time:
- An mp4.H264 version of the completed film, with subtitles, not lower than 6GB;
- An mp4.H264 version of the completed film not exceeding 4GB, with the watermark violator “For screening purposes only, TOFARM Film Festival”
- Because the above two versions are what is submitted to international film festivals, failure to submit these requirements may push TOFARM to disinclude submission of the film to said international film festivals.
10. The Film Festival Awarding ceremony will be announced. The following prizes will be awarded:
Best TOFARM Film 2018 = PhP 500,000 + TOFARM Trophy
2nd Best TOFARM Film = PhP 400,000 + TOFARMTrophy
3rd Best TOFARM Film = PhP 300,000 + TOFARM Trophy
Best Director = TOFARM Trophy
Best Actor / Actress = TOFARM Trophy
Best Supporting Actor / Actress = TOFARM Trophy
Best Screenplay = TOFARM Trophy
Best Story = TOFARM Trophy
Best Musical Score = TOFARM Trophy
Best Sound = TOFARM Trophy
Best Production Design = TOFARM Trophy
Best Editing = TOFARM Trophy
Best Cinematography = TOFARM Trophy
*All seven(7) finalists will be awarded a Plaque of Recognition.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The film shall not be less than 75 minutes. This year’s theme is: “A Tribute to Life: Parating Na”. Story can be original or fiction but must be inspired by true accounts of a farmer, livestock raiser, fisher-folk or other individuals related to agriculture.
2. The members of the organizing committee and their immediate kin are disqualified from joining the competition.
3. Interested participants may submit a maximum of two (2) entries. However, only one entry per proponent shall be considered as a finalist.
4. All finalists must have their premiere screening during the TOFARM Film Festival.
5. All works must be strictly independent films and not produced by commercial and mainstream producers.
6. Encouraged are different genres: comedy, drama, romance, action, suspense, horror and fantasy or combinations.
7. All entries must be submitted in a data file HD format.
8. TOFARM will shoulder PhP 1,500,000.00 of total production costs for each film. The proponent shall submit duly signed three copies of detailed financial statement/expenses of the grant. Proponents are allowed to solicit from sponsors and donors to augment production budget, provided that said solicitation is plowed back into production costs; provided, further, that said sponsors and donors are not direct competitors of Universal Harvester and/or any of its subsidiaries.
The solicitation, however, shall be the sole responsibility of the director/producer; TOFARM will not be responsible for any reimbursement.
9. Due to copyright laws, the music used in any entry must be original, licensed or public domain.
10. Dialogue should be in Filipino or any Philippine dialect as deemed appropriate. All entries must be subtitled in English upon submission.
11. Ownership of the film rights shall be on a 50% - 50% basis between TOFARM and the director/producer. The same system of sharing will be applied in all ancillary rights and pertinent negotiations, whether the film is sold, rented or leased in the Philippines or abroad.
12. Proponents should assign a single representative to act on behalf of his team. All official communications shall be addressed to the said representative. The TOFARM Festival committee shall not be liable for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards among the members of the team.
13. TOFARM shall ensure the safety of the films throughout the period in which the materials are in its custody.
14. The organizer and its agencies reserve the right to use the entry’s name and/or materials for the purpose of publicity, advertising, and/or promotion without prior compensation or notice.
15. The organizer reserves the right to cancel, change or amend this contest and its Rules and Regulations.
16. The decision of the Board of Judges is final.